We occasionally link to goods offered by vendors to help the reader find relevant products. Some of these links may be affiliate in nature, meaning we earn small commissions if items are purchased. Here is more about what we do.

Notifications
Clear all

Forum Rules  

RSS

Anonymous
23/07/2020 2:45 am  

1. No Spam / Advertising / Self-promotion in the forums

These forums define spam as unsolicited advertisement for goods, services and/or other web sites, or posts with little, or completely unrelated content. Do not spam the forums with links to your site or product, or try to self-promote your website, business, forums, etc.

Spamming also includes sending private messages to a large number of different users.

DO NOT ASK for email addresses or phone numbers

Your account will be banned permanently and your posts will be deleted.

2. Do not post copyright-infringing material

Providing or asking for information on how to illegally obtain copyrighted materials is forbidden.

3. Do not post “offensive” posts, links, or images

Any material which constitutes defamation, harassment, or abuse is strictly prohibited. Material that is sexually or otherwise obscene, racist, or otherwise discriminatory is not permitted on these forums. This includes user pictures. Use common sense while posting.

This is a web site for accountancy professionals.

4. Do not cross-post questions

Please refrain from posting the same question in several forums. There is normally one forum which is most suitable for posting your question.

5. No topics, posts, or replies with a political narrative (unless it deals directly with gardening)

This is not the place. Take it to your personal Facebook or Twitter instead.

6. Remain respectful of other members at all times

All posts should be professional and courteous.

You have every right to disagree with your fellow community members and explain your perspective, however you are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule.

7. Place Your Geographic Growing Zone in your Signature

Please place your USDA Growing Zone and/or rough geographic location (i.e Southern Illinois or Sussex, UK) in your signature block. This will help our gardening experts and other community members to quickly answer questions or make recommendations. You can modify your forum signature under "My Profile" in the "Account" settings.

General Posting Guidelines

We figured this section was necessary because a lot of people come in and post threads without thinking, and without realizing that there is no possible way they could get help because of the way they posted the question. Here are some general guidelines.

Be DESCRIPTIVE with topic names

PLEASE post a descriptive topic name! Give a short summary of your problem IN THE TOPIC TITLE.  (Don’t use attention-getting subjects, they don’t get attention and only annoy people).

Here’s a short list of topic subjects YOU SHOULD NOT POST:

Help me,  Hello, Very urgent, I have a question

Generally, ANYTHING similar to these is unacceptable. Just post your problem.

Here is a good example of a way to post a question:

“My plants are all being attacked by Japanese beetles - what can I do?”

or

“What are your thoughts on using copper sulfate to treat fungal infections on fruit trees?”

Remember - when people help you, they are doing YOU a favor

Be patient, help people out by posting good descriptions of what you need help with, and refrain from snapping at people with petty and impatient comments such as, “If you aren’t going to help, don’t waste my time replying.”

General Forum Questions

Am I allowed more than one account?

No, there is no reason why you should have more than one account on OpenTuition forums. If you are banned from the forums, please do not create a new account. If you continue to create new accounts after you have been banned, your IP address will be blocked from the forums.

What happens if I break a rule?

If you break a rule, you will either be warned or banned. A ban of your user account may either be temporary or permanent.

The administrators and moderators also have the right to edit, delete, move, or close any thread or post as they see necessary, without prior warning.

What happens if I see a thread/post which has broken a rule?

Please report the thread/post to the moderators or admin.

Where can I find out who is in charge?

The Forum Moderators are displayed in every Forum.

Thank you for participating in our gardening community!

This topic was modified 2 months ago 2 times by
This topic was modified 2 months ago by Adam Wertz
This topic was modified 4 days ago by Allison Sidhu

Share:

Read Our Latest Plant and Gardening Guides!