We occasionally link to goods offered by vendors to help the reader find relevant products. Some of these links may be affiliate in nature, meaning we earn small commissions if items are purchased. Here is more about what we do.

Part of rose bush t...

Notifications
Clear all

Part of rose bush turning yellowish light green  

RSS

Pearl
(@barthmv)
Sprout Registered
08/08/2020 8:24 pm  

I have a Monrovia Flower Carpet Amber Groundcover Rose that is growing well but lately has started to change to a lighter yellowish light green on only part of the bush.  The remainder of the bush is normal dark green leaves.  I have researched it everywhere and can't pin down what is causing it.  The bush is in the path of a sprinkler system and gets watered daily.  In the attached photo the area of concern is bottom left.  I have looked for broken branches and have not found any.  Any info would be appreciated.

Thank you 

Pearl

rose

zone 5 Northern central Connecticut

Nan Schiller
(@nanschiller)
Sprout Staff Gardening Expert
10/08/2020 1:39 am  

Hi Pearl -  Reasons for the yellowing of the leaves, called chlorosis, include over- or under-watering, upper branches depriving lower ones of light, accidental contact with an herbicide or string trimmer, soil nutrient deficiencies, and disease. Contact your local cooperative extension service office to conduct a soil test and evaluate a leaf sample to define and address the problem(s).

ReplyQuote
Pearl
(@barthmv)
Sprout Registered
11/08/2020 11:56 pm  

Thanks for your reply.  I will have it checked and let you know what was found.

regards,

Pearl

zone 5 Northern central Connecticut

ReplyQuote
Share:

Read Our Latest Plant and Gardening Guides!