We occasionally link to goods offered by vendors to help the reader find relevant products. Some of these links may be affiliate in nature, meaning we earn small commissions if items are purchased. Here is more about what we do.

Notifications
Clear all

Glad To Be Here!  

RSS

Laughing Waters
(@laughingwaters)
Sprout Registered
01/09/2020 4:49 pm  

Hi everyone! An overall enthusiast of koi ponds and garden ponds for over 20 years. Opened up a design, build and maintenance firm for ponds and water features in Chicago - so you can say I'm a little bit interested in this topic - lol! Hoping to make new friends, learn what creative methods folks are using for their own ponds and maybe offer some maintenance advice if need be.

Excited to be a part of this and I look forward to exploring everybody's ponds - thanks for having me!

Chicago

Topic Tags
Kristina Hicks-Hamblin
(@kristinahickshamblin)
Sprout Staff Gardening Expert
08/09/2020 5:50 pm  

Hi Laughing Waters, good to have you here! We'd love to see some of the ponds you've designed and installed if you have photos to share! Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Nan Schiller
(@nanschiller)
16/09/2020 3:36 pm  

Welcome, Laughing Waters. It's a pleasure to meet you on Gardener's Path.

ReplyQuote
Matt Suwak
(@mattsuwak)
17/09/2020 2:45 pm  

Hey Laughing Waters, glad to have you. I've had a few gross instances where we find frogs caught up in pond motors. It's as unpleasant as it sounds. We've tried boxing out the motor with different mesh counts and consistently seem to have the same issues. These are usually larger ponds, maybe ~700 square feet. Is this something you've encountered? What tips have you got for me?

ReplyQuote
Kristine Lofgren
(@kristinelofgren)
17/09/2020 8:34 pm  
Posted by: @laughingwaters

Hi everyone! An overall enthusiast of koi ponds and garden ponds for over 20 years. Opened up a design, build and maintenance firm for ponds and water features in Chicago - so you can say I'm a little bit interested in this topic - lol! Hoping to make new friends, learn what creative methods folks are using for their own ponds and maybe offer some maintenance advice if need be.

Excited to be a part of this and I look forward to exploring everybody's ponds - thanks for having me!

So glad you've joined us! Can't wait to hear more about your adventures.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Read Our Latest Plant and Gardening Guides!