We occasionally link to goods offered by vendors to help the reader find relevant products. Some of these links may be affiliate in nature, meaning we earn small commissions if items are purchased. Here is more about what we do.

Welcome to the comm...

Notifications
Clear all

Welcome to the community!  

RSS

Anonymous
23/07/2020 2:38 am  

Start a new thread and tell us all about yourself! Get to know your virtual neighbors.

BlueRidgeLady
(@jeanhumphrey1)
Sprout Registered
04/11/2020 3:04 pm  

I've returned to the mountains of NC after many years and I'm immersing myself in gardening.  I just completed building a house in the middle of the woods and I want my yard to be only a slightly more cultivated version of the acres of woods around me.  Unfortunately I have fill dirt near the house so that is my first concern.  I've already found so much great information on your website.  I look forward to many hours of fun reading and application of what I learn!  Glad I found you!

Western NC

ReplyQuote
Rose Kennedy
(@rosekennedy)
Sprout Staff Gardening Expert
23/11/2020 1:23 am  

@jeanhumphrey1 I'm glad to see you here on the forum. I'm just a ways down the road in Knoxville, Tennessee, and I also have a tiny cabin in Qualla, a hop, skip and a jump from Cherokee, N.C. 

I don't garden there, just here, but I sure enjoy the natural spaces and the wild mushrooms, not to mention Barber's Orchard in Sylva.

I hope we can all enjoy the transformation of your space together. I know that fill dirt might be intimidating you, but hang tough! It can be mastered. 

ReplyQuote
BlueRidgeLady
(@jeanhumphrey1)
Sprout Registered
23/11/2020 2:04 am  

@rosekennedy Thanks for the words of encouragement.  We're excited and realistic at the same time.  I love a project!

Western NC

ReplyQuote
Share:

Read Our Latest Plant and Gardening Guides!